Your work will comprise:
- Research in the field of energy informatics with emphasis on state-of-the-art methods for smart microgrids
- Independent research with the aim to submit a dissertation
- Teaching in the field of electrical and computer engineering (e.g. “Smart Grid Lab” and “Circuit Systems”)
- Participation in administrative and organizational tasks of the Institute
- Student mentoring
- Assistance in public relations activities of institute and faculty
Our team is very international and dedicated to quality research and teaching. The offices and laboratories are located in the well-equipped Lakeside Science & Technology Park. Working language is English. The Institute cooperates with national and international partners in research and industry. It is part of the research cluster Lakeside Labs (self-organizing networked systems) and the European Erasmus-Mundus Doctoral College (interactive and cognitive systems).
- A university degree (Master or Diplom-Ingenieur) in the field of electrical engineering, computer engineering, communications engineering, power engineering, or physics graded with “good” or better
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in two or more of the following fields: energy informatics, power engineering, communication protocols, artificial intelligence, renewable energy generation, complex systems
- Good programing skills in C, Java or Python
- Good social and communicative competences
- Basic knowledge of German
- First relevant scientific publications
- Relevant international experience
The university strives at raising the number of female scientific staff members and therefore specifically invites women to apply. In case of equal qualifications, women will receive priority consideration.
Handicapped persons or persons with chronic illnesses who comply with the qualification criteria mentioned are specifically invited to apply.
The annual gross salary is € 2.022,40 (30 hours weekly according to Uni-KV: B1). It is intended to complement this with a 10 hours project contract depending on availability of funds.
Your application has to be uploaded before August 10 with the Human Resource Department at the University of Klagenfurt, reference 448/16. Please take the time to complete the online application form carefully, providing as much detail as possible. Once you have completed the form, please upload your application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, written documents, certificates, official records).
Further information can be obtained from Professor Wilfried Elmenreich (Tel.: +43-463-2700-3649).
Travel expenses in connection with the application procedure cannot be reimbursed.
The call for applicants is conformable to § 107 Abs. 1 Universitätsgesetz 2002. The official announcement in German language can be found in the Mitteilungsblatt 23_2015_2016.